Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sew, I never thought I would sew a single thing in my life...

There is something about being in the deep south and not having a job that has sprung up some new interests... I have really enjoyed cooking, sewing and crafting!

Cooking: I have been able to try a ton of new recipes! My favorite and least healthy has got to be fried okra. Hallelujah for my newly purchased cast iron skillet- everyone should own one!


Sewing: My wonderful friend and neighbor who we met only a few days after we moved taught me how to sew. She invited me over to her house to make a few things. My first project was this dress and scarf. Thankfully my friend walked me through every step!




Now I am hooked! I never thought I would ever sew. But, it is really fun to make things to wear and to give as gifts. Here are a few more things I have made:

eternity scarf.

stockings for Christmas.

pleated scarf.

eternity scarf. 

ruffled scarf.

ruffled scarf.

Baylor inspired pocket tee (super terrible monogram).


Crafting: My crafting gene came out after we bought our house and I realized that I didn't have much to decorate with. I FINALLY figured out how to work pinterest once we moved so that I could be inspired. So, my first project was this:

Ephesians 2:4-5

Then came...

bathroom wall art.

empty frame collage.

wreath.

earrings.

headboard decor.



book page flowers.

book page banner.

painted cardboard on wood block.

Lastly, my Christmas crafts. Yes, I know, Christmas has passed...

tree skirt.

book page banner.

up close of banner.

Lady hopes you had a Merry Christmas!

This is just a bit of what I have been up to here in Birmingham. Much more to come!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment